Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The boot is the new flip flop {for me at least}.



So I started running about five weeks ago...

Then I purchases a running program app (C25K) and finished Day 1 Week 1 in severe pain.

Then I fell in a garage while wearing flip flops in the rain.

A couple days later I decided to run...then the pain began...then the swelling...so I waited.

After a couple days of soreness and having an ugly looking foot I went to the doctor...

A couple x-rays later they said they couldn't see a break but there was probably a hairline fracture.

So my running is on hold...and I am a little bummed.

I have eleven weeks to get better and build up my endurance to run a 5K.

So I have retired my flip flops for a boot.

:/

 

2 comments:

  1. Awww, so sorry to hear about your foot. I'm also in training and trying to add mileage on very slowly for the nyc marathon. Feel better and hope you are running soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...I am running a 5K on Labor Day...I hope to start running again in three weeks. My friend started running half marathons and fractured her pelvis!

    ReplyDelete